Sixth guest speaker----Stephanie McKenzie

     Stephanie is the owner of metro coffee, which is one of the most popular places in my school, most of my friends love to have one during the class break. Here's a review posted on my school's website: "Metro Coffee is like the famed Cheers bar. It’s that place where everybody knows your name — and your drink“The service is always personal, and when you walk in the door, the barista knows what you want before you say it,” says Library head of instruction services and frequent customer Erica Coe." For me, there are some restaurants that I always come to, but not every one of them remembers what's my favorite order, so for those who know what I like, I'd like to visit those places more than others. It's kind like a strange feeling, I think if a restaurant or the waiter knows what you like, which means they've paid attention to their customers, at least better than other restaurants, this will makes people wanna come again. So I think this point is a good business culture for those catering industries.
     Stephanie starts her business just after she finishes her university, and she doesn't have any experience or knowledge about how to set up a business. I'd say there are many people like her, after their university, they'd like to build their own company rather than working for other people. but this has a big risk since you don't have any knowledge, you may meet a lot of issues during the process, and most knowledge you learned is from failed experience. Stephanie do have those experience, but she tried her best to learn those "required knowledge" so that she can avoid failure. So, I think as a beginner, try to get some advice from the people who have the experience or spend money to learn those "required skills" (such as how to deal with tax, how to deal with unexpected situations, etc) is really important.

评论

热门博文