How will you protect your intellectual property

There are several ways to protect intellectual property such as trade secrets, copyright, trademark, and patents. Just using my business plan as an example, since my company is about apps to provide services, it won't have any trade secrets. Anyone knows how to build an app (if you know programming language), so I will not consider this one as a way to protect my company. But I think the teacher that I found to offer courses might be my trade secrets since they may have a high-level skill and can help my customers a lot about their study, I need to keep their information to avoid them been "pinching or poaching". Then the copyright, I think the study records, such as video record or sound record, could be considered as the copyright for my company, so this should be kept in safety to avoid those data been stoled. Then the trademark, this should be my logo or icon for my company, by register my trademark, I can avoid them been used in another way. One thing that you need to know is that a trademark may have different fields, for example, if there's a trademark been registered in the education field, it may be allowed to use in the business field. The last thing is about patents, this might be the most important way to protect your product or knowledge. Once you register the patents, if other people want to use them, they should pay you the using fee or you can sue them.

评论

热门博文